Watch this video to learn what’s new in IGEL UMS 6.07.100, UMS WebApp, and IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) 2.03.100. Presented by Daniela Morgner and Florian Strobl from IGEL Product Management. Daniela and Florian walk us through the new features, fixes and a bit about what’s coming in the next release.
What’s New in UMS 6.07.100:
- New System Information “Last Contact” – The timestamp will be updated whenever the device contacts the UMS
- New “Heartbeat “- Feature: Configure devices to execute a regular signal based on a defined interval & makes it much easier to identify dead devices – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/monitoring-device-health-and-searching-for-lost-devices-43106425.html
- New view criteria “Configuration changes pending ” – This allows an easy search for devices that are still waiting for updated settings.
- UMS Cloud Installations: Official support of UMS single server installations on Microsoft Azure and AWS environments – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/installing-a-ums-network-on-microsoft-azure-43106123.html
- Improved procedure to update High Availability Installations: Enables a much faster update without any data inconsistencies – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/updating-the-installation-of-an-ha-network-43107724.html
What’s New in UMS Web App:
The UMS Web App now offers new features for the use case “Device Management”:
- Quickly manage profiles via UMS WebApp (structure profiles in directories and subdirectories, assign profiles to devices and directories, add files to profiles) – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/configuration-43109521.html
- Give user groups/users permission to perform actions on multiple devices (bulk actions)
- Give user groups/users permission to delete loggings.
- Includes a Java & Tomcat Update (mainly security fixes)
- This version impresses with many new features, optimizations, and important bugfixes.
Download at https://www.igel.com/software-downloads/
Learn more at https://kb.igel.com/ums/whatsnew
Not an IGEL customer? Give it a try, download and try the IGEL OS Edge OS with IGEL UMS management solution here.
If you liked this video, please view our list of upcoming webinars and meetups on the IGEL Community Tech Events page!
Not a member of the IGEL Community? Join Today!
Ask a question or comment on the above video?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
- How to Use IGEL OS Drive Encryption – Video
- How to Reset IGEL OS to Factory Defaults – Video
- IGEL OS 11.07.100 – What’s New
- How to Login using Active Directory on IGEL OS – Video
- How to use the IGEL Community on Slack
- IGEL OS Command Line (CLI) Explained – Video
- How to Reflash your IGEL Devices the IGEL OS Creator (OSC) Way!