Watch this video to learn what’s new in IGEL UMS 6.07.100, UMS WebApp, and IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) 2.03.100. Presented by Daniela Morgner and Florian Strobl from IGEL Product Management. Daniela and Florian walk us through the new features, fixes and a bit about what’s coming in the next release.
What’s New in UMS 6.07.100:
- New System Information “Last Contact” – The timestamp will be updated whenever the device contacts the UMS
- New “Heartbeat “- Feature: Configure devices to execute a regular signal based on a defined interval & makes it much easier to identify dead devices – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/monitoring-device-health-and-searching-for-lost-devices-43106425.html
- New view criteria “Configuration changes pending ” – This allows an easy search for devices that are still waiting for updated settings.
- UMS Cloud Installations: Official support of UMS single server installations on Microsoft Azure and AWS environments – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/installing-a-ums-network-on-microsoft-azure-43106123.html
- Improved procedure to update High Availability Installations: Enables a much faster update without any data inconsistencies – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/updating-the-installation-of-an-ha-network-43107724.html
What’s New in UMS Web App:
The UMS Web App now offers new features for the use case “Device Management”:
- Quickly manage profiles via UMS WebApp (structure profiles in directories and subdirectories, assign profiles to devices and directories, add files to profiles) – https://kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/configuration-43109521.html
- Give user groups/users permission to perform actions on multiple devices (bulk actions)
- Give user groups/users permission to delete loggings.
- Includes a Java & Tomcat Update (mainly security fixes)
- This version impresses with many new features, optimizations, and important bugfixes.
Download at https://www.igel.com/software-downloads/
Learn more at https://kb.igel.com/ums/whatsnew
Not an IGEL customer? Give it a try, download and try the IGEL OS Edge OS with IGEL UMS management solution here.
If you liked this video, please view our list of upcoming webinars and meetups on the IGEL Community Tech Events page!
Not a member of the IGEL Community? Join Today!
Ask a question or comment on the above video?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
- Usual IGEL Technical Issues Explained and Solved Video with Sebastien Perusat – Part 2
- IGEL Community VIP – Geek Speak!
- How to Use Buddy Update to Update IGEL OS – Video
- IGEL UMS Performance Tips and Tricks – Video
- IGEL OS Command Line (CLI) Explained – Video
- IGEL UMS Logging Explained – Video
- Common IGEL Administration Tasks Explained – Video