Watch this IGEL Tech-Tips Tuesday video to learn how to enhance security and lockdown IGEL OS via the IGEL UMS.
By default, the IGEL OS is secure by design, but there is always more than can be done. In this session, you will learn the finer details on how to lockdown and enhance security when deploying the IGEL OS via the IGEL UMS.
Presented by Sebastian Perusat, IGEL Community FELLOW.
In this video, Sebastien will teach you how to:
- 01:00 General Discussion
- 04:20 Disabling features
- 05:05 Define an Admin Password
- 05:32 Disabling the Smartcard Daemon
- 05:50 Disable SSH Service
- 06:05 Enable USB Access Control
- 07:40 Disable Storage Hotplug
- 08:10 Disable Bluetooth
- 08:52 Disable Console Switcher
- 10:00 Enable Screenlock/Saver (Password sync on Citrix)
- 11:30 Postsession Command
- 12:20 Testing
- 13:40 Removing unneeded features from GUI
- Firmware Customization Features
- Remote Access
- USB Access Control
- Screen Access Control
- Citrix StoreFront Login
- Smartcard Services
- Custom Commands Post Session
- Remote Access SSH Access
Ask a question or comment on the above video?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
- How to Reset IGEL OS to Factory Defaults – Video
- IGEL OS 11.08.440 & 11.09.100 – What’s New
- How to Login using Active Directory on IGEL OS – Video
- How to Customize the IGEL OS Interface (GUI)
- How to use the IGEL Community on Slack
- IGEL OS Command Line (CLI) Explained – Video
- How To Configure Displays in IGEL OS – Video