Watch this IGEL Tech-Tips Tuesday video to learn how to use the IGEL Buddy Update feature.
The idea behind Buddy Update is to allow remote IGEL OS endpoints to update from a local Buddy Update Server vs. all remote devices contacting the IGEL OS UMS to download the new IGEL OS version. This results in much less bandwidth usage across slower WAN links.
Presented by Sebastian Perusat, IGEL Community FELLOW.
In this video, Sebastien will teach you how to:
- Create the Buddy Master role
- Update the Buddy Master
- Create the Buddy Slave role
- Debug the Slave
- Additional important information
Not an IGEL customer? Give it a try, download, and try the IGEL OS Edge OS with IGEL UMS management solution.
If you liked this video, please view our list of upcoming webinars and meetups on the IGEL Community Tech Events page!
Not a member of the IGEL Community? Join Today!
Ask a question or comment on the above video?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
- How to Reset IGEL OS to Factory Defaults – Video
- How to Login using Active Directory on IGEL OS – Video
- How and Why to Disable IGEL OS Features – Video
- IGEL OS Boot Menu Explained – Video
- IGEL OS Command Line (CLI) Explained – Video
- How to Use Shared Workspace on IGEL OS – Video
- How to Use IGEL OS Drive Encryption – Video