Watch this IGEL Tech-Tips Tuesday video to learn how to use the IGEL Buddy Update feature.
The idea behind Buddy Update is to allow remote IGEL OS endpoints to update from a local Buddy Update Server vs. all remote devices contacting the IGEL OS UMS to download the new IGEL OS version. This results in much less bandwidth usage across slower WAN links.
Presented by Sebastian Perusat, IGEL Community FELLOW.
In this video, Sebastien will teach you how to:
- Create the Buddy Master role
- Update the Buddy Master
- Create the Buddy Slave role
- Debug the Slave
- Additional important information
Not an IGEL customer? Give it a try, download, and try the IGEL OS Edge OS with IGEL UMS management solution.
If you liked this video, please view our list of upcoming webinars and meetups on the IGEL Community Tech Events page!
Not a member of the IGEL Community? Join Today!
Ask a question or comment on the above video?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
- How to Prioritize Audio Devices on IGEL OS
- How to Use Post Session Commands in IGEL OS
- How to Transfer Files to IGEL OS – Video
- How to Configure IGEL UMS to Send Notifications & Device Reports Emails
- How to Customize the IGEL OS Interface (GUI)
- IGEL Community July 2021 Meetup – User eXperience, from IGEL OS to Remoting Protocol & How IGEL Manages Security
- IGEL Community & Login VSI – How to Deal with The Non-Stop Rate of Change of The Workspace